Monday, December 21, 2009

Vintage Cake Toppers Fella and Gal Cake Toppers

A wedding cake topper is an essential part of planning any wedding. But choosing it sometimes means a really hard job. You must consider every element, it should reflect your taste, personality, interesting… And also should match your wedding theme, wedding cake and wedding color.  No more words on tips of choosing the right cake topper but I just want to share you the experience of choosing my wedding cake topper.

I have wrestled with ideas for my cake topper for a long time.My first idea is trying a ambitious project to create papier mache newspaper birds, but um ... I don’t think that'll happen. I barely clean my house, much less make papier mache anything. Then I thought I'd use an ampersand, as a nod to our typography/journalism theme and also to signify that we're now joined. But that all went to hell when I spotted this handsome fella and pretty gal on top of a shelf on my way out of a small craft shop passed by.

His hair is a little chipped and her birdcage veil is a little ripped with yellow flowers background. But it is still a great keepsake and memory, after 60 years. And they only set me back 28!vintage cake topper

No comments:

Post a Comment